Um Agaga, Um Rawaba & Dar Agil Basins, Central Sudan
Opportunity to invest in under-explored basin with proven Petroleum system for oil and gas and identified Prospects
- • Block (24) is located in the central part of Sudan covering an area about 66,589.6 km2 (Figure-1). El Obeid refinery located within the block in addition to GNPOC / PDOC/ CNPC main crude oil pipelines are passing through the Block and 200 km far from Port Sudan marine terminal (Figure-2).
| Figure-1: Block 24 Location Map
||Figure-2: Location Map Showing Block 9
Proximity to the Crude Oil Infrastructure
- Previous exploration activities (during the time span 1985 – 2013) by SUNOCO, Sudapak and Al Sudan Energia resulted in Acquiring of 20,000 line/km of airborne gravity data (Figure-3) and 4600 LKm 2D seismic over the block in addition to 5 wells.
Figure-3: Block 24 Gravity Map Seebase Project 2009
- The Turonian & Senonian Formation (Cretaceous) plays vital role as source & reservoir rocks.
- The Intra Paleocene (Tertiary) probably represents the regional top seal throughout the basin.
- Um Agaga Basin is the most potential part among block 24 sub-basins.
- Proved a liquid hydrocarbon petroleum system(s).
Figure-4: Regional Cross Section Across Umm Agaga Basin
- Daraqil & Um Rawaba Basins Represents the NW extension of Rawat Northern sub-basin in Block 25.