Um Agaga, Um Rawaba & Dar Agil Basins, Central Sudan
Opportunity to invest in under-explored basin with proven Petroleum system for oil and gas and identified Prospects
- Block 21 is laying in the southern west part of Sudan with an area of 81,217 sq.km in Muglad Basin. (Figure-1).
Figure-1: Block 21 Location Map
Figure-2: There are total of 9 sub basins with in the Block.
- Abu Gabra Formation is considered the main source rock in the Muglad basin.
- Hiba, Rakuba and Khdari subbasins are considered the main kitchen areas for block 21.
- Six Out of ten wells drilled in the block 21 encountered oil shows, and thus manifested the presence of active petroleum system in Hiba and Rakuba sub-basins.
- The depositional model of AG formation in Khadari basin suggest the dominance of deep lacustrine environments to the central depocenter, wich indicate the deposition of a good source rock facies.
Figure-3: Stratigraphic column Of Muglad Basin
- Chevron started the exploration activities in 1975's and drilled one well between 1979-1985 in the present Khadari sub-basin, TOTAL leased the central part of Block - C (Bahr Al-Arab sub-basin) and conducted seismic survey during 1982 but no wells were drilled and relinquished the block in 1991, CNPC singed EPSA over Block-6 in 1996 with the Sudanese Government for the western part of the block and APCO consortium signed EPSA over the Block from 2003 up to 2011.
Figure-4: Seismic line cross HIBA sub basin