Red sea Basin, Onshore/offshore, Eastern Sudan
Opportunity to invest in under-explored basin for oil and gas and identified Prospects
- Block 15 is located in East of Sudan covering both onshore and offshore part of the Sudanese Red Sea with an area of about 45985 Km2. The maximum water depth is 50 -760m.
- International air port, three sea port, two marine terminal and refinery are very closed to the block
- The block is covered by 4,532km Marine Gravity Conducted in 2006.
- There are 11268 Km 2D seismic lines.
- Eleven wells drilled in the block, Eight wells have HC shows, two wells were tested with discoveries of GIIP of 682 BSCF and yellow Condensate of 92 MMSTB
- The hydrocarbon system is proven by Suakin and Bashayer Gas and Condensate discoveries
- Eight high ranked prospects were identified and estimated to contain GIIP of 3760 BSCF and Condensate ratio of 575 MMSTB.
- Oil and gas seeps and shows have been published on the Saudi Red Sea margin the analogues of the mirror image the Sudanese Red Sea.
Stratigraphic Column of the Sudanese segment of the Red Sea
Sudan Location map Showing block-15 in the Sudanese Red Sea
Gravity map of Block-15 with other Sudanese Blocks
Seismic section along Block-15 shallow water showing Suakin-1 Discovery