Gadaref Basin, Onshore, Eastern Sudan
Opportunity to invest in under-explored basin
- Block 10 is located in eastern Sudan mainly in the states of Gedaref, Kasala and Blue Nile State covering an area of 77,736.1 Km2 (Figure-1) .
- The block falls within close proximity of the two crude oil export pipelines
- In addition the main sea port of Port Sudan is only a few hundred kilometers away.
- The Block falls in the middle of a network of multiple transportation means.
- The terrain is relatively easy and simple (Figure-2).
| Figure-1: Block 10 Location Map
||Figure-2: Location Map Showing Block 10 Proximity to the Crude Oil Infrastructure
- The depositional environment of Gedaref Formation is dominated by braided channels, bars and floodplain deposits.
- Dating of the Gadaref Formation come proposed a Maastrichtian age, late the latest age or upper stage of the Late Cretaceous epoch.
- The Block covered by Gravity & Magnetic survey, Surface Geological Survey and 4 regional seismic lines.
- Gravity interpretation may explain the gravity low by the existence of a sedimentary basin with maximum depth assessed to be deeper than 4000 meters (Figure-3).
Figure-3: Block 10 Gravity Map Seebase Project 2009
- The region is underlain by metamorphosed Precambrian rocks, overlain by unconformable Mesozoic sedimentary rocks which are cut by younger alkaline volcanic.
Figure-4: Cross Section East - West Across El Gadaref Basin